Dean, School of Education, Red Deer College
Dr. Antifaiff is currently the Dean, School of Education at Red Deer College. She is also the Board Chair for the Central Alberta Regional Consortium (CARC). Prior to coming to Red Deer, she was a superintendent in a rural school division in Saskatchewan for several years. Dr. Antifaiff has continued to teach throughout her administrative career. She was a sessional instructor at the University of Regina, and taught undergraduate courses in educational technology. She was a sessional instructor at the Saskatchewan Institute of Applied Science and Technology in the Early Childhood Education program. And most recently, she has instructed students in the City University of Seattle M.Ed Leadership program, teaching courses in leadership, technology, and supervising internships.
- Canadian Presidential Award for Reading and Technology, International Literacy Association (x3)
- Douglas/Brown Award in Instructional Technologies, University of Saskatchewan
Education leadership, pre-service teacher education, educational technology, literacy, narrative inquiry, and appreciative inquiry
· 2016 Dissertation – Senior Administrators in School Divisions (Re)Composing Stories to Live By: A Narrative Inquiry; University of Regina
· 2005 Ebooks for Young Readers; School Libraries in Canada
· 2004 Literature Circles in Action – Lesson Plans; Erlandson & Antifaiff; SaskEducation
· 2002 Project – Technology Mentorship Project; University of Saskatchewan
· 2001 The day the technology died: A tale of murder and redemption in a virtual mentorship project; Media News; Schwier et al.
· 2000 Integrating Technology into the Curriculum; University of Saskatchewan
Dr. Antifaiff’s teaching philosophy is that the role of the instructor is to ensure students achieve far beyond the knowledge of the instructor. This means creating a classroom environment that invites diverse perspectives and opinions of all to further learning.
ECC 510 – Technology Tools and Information Literacy
EEA 535 – Dimensions of Educational Leadership
EEA 641 – Leadership Internship in Student Services
EEA 642 – Leadership Internship II
EEA 644 – Leadership Internship lll
EEA 650 – Project and Portfolio Presentation