I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor of BCACC-BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (RCC), Member of CRP- Regional Council of Psychology (Brazilian Psychological Association) – Associate member of SPID- Iracy Doyle Psychoanalytic Society, Brazil (IFPS- International Federation of Psychoanalytic Societies, USA)
In almost 3 decades of being a Psychologist/ Psychoanalyst in Brazil, I have provided a wide range of direct and coordinating services through mental health centers, hospitals, universities, and private practice. As a clinician, I have worked with a variety of individuals, couples, families and groups of uncountable ethnic backgrounds and cultural groups, including those traumatized by overwhelming circumstances. I also have an experienced presenting and leading and I continue to participate in teachings and training projects with colleagues from psychology and other disciplines. I have had opportunities to participate in multidisciplinary projects in Brazil and Canada.
- I have been studying human behavior, and how inhuman it can be.
- Even knowing the History past, we keep repeating the inhuman behave among the time.
- The last written work: “The Strangeness in Ourselves: The Shadow of intolerance”
This work aimed to articulate issues of individual and collective psychic processes from the perspective of psychoanalysis and how the psychic constitution of humankind is related to the “inhuman” acts performed by man. In order to trace a cross between psychoanalysis and human atrocities, to identify psychic processes that could be taken as a fundamental integral part of the structure that made possible and sustained so much evil throughout history. To support my arguments I bring historical facts from World War II and correlate it with Freudian theoretical constructs on psychic functioning. What I come up with in this work is that despite the knowledge of past historical facts, we repeat situations because of our psychic constitution and our way of functioning. I will work on fundamental concepts of Freudian theory such as narcissism, helplessness, paternal law, unconsciousness, horror of castration, group psychology, totem and taboo, narcissism of small differences, and other concepts that are intimately articulated with questions of the human condition in relating how they learn to respond to the world around them.
- “Teachers not only transform information into knowledge and critical awareness, but they also form people.” (Paulo Freire)
- Each day, each class, every student with whom I interact, I have the unique opportunity to touch their life.
- I want my students to perceive me as a trustworthy, three-dimensional human being rather than as a two-dimensional perception.
If I can touch my students’ souls, making them more self-aware to become better person and better professionals by believing in themselves. If I can help them to trust who they are to implement their knowledge at their practice, I planted the seed and achieved my goals.
Professor, University Santa Ursula, Brazil 2007-2012
- Discipline – Educational Psychology and Learning Problems – Theories and Practicum
- Discipline – Psychoanalysis and its Clinic and Supervision – Theories and practicum
- Violence Against Women: Conference, 2012 -Round table with Paulo Lins e Silva (lawyer) and Carlos Zuma (coordinator of NOOS – NGO), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- To love is to give what we don’t have – SPID External Symposium – 2012, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Coordinator of a Series of Talks -Sins on Couch – 2011, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Gluttony – 2011, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- A closer look at today’s adolescent – 2009, Cruzeiro School, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Several theoretical works presented during internal and external journeys – SPID Psychoanalytic Psychoanalysis Society
- Barred God? Barred A- (Lacan) Woman – SPID Internal Journey – 2011, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Coordinator of round table on Perversion and Social Ties – 2010, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Members: Fernanda Costa-Moura, Marco Antônio Coutinho Jorge, Angela Coutinho, e Cátia Martins
- Love as a female issue – Lacan’s Psychic Distress Seminar – 2009, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- The history of transference – Internal Journey – 2009, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Life in the face of Death and Death in the face of Life- Internal Journey – 2008, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil