Managing and leading in the challenging and changing workplace of today demands a fresh approach, a new sensitivity and awareness to the issues facing our communities, and a more people-focused set of management skills.
The Bachelor of Arts in Management (BAM) degree program was specifically designed for anyone seeking a broad management background focusing on the organizational and human dimensions of the field. You will learn the fundamentals of management—the basic knowledge and skills you need to succeed as a manager in your field- as well as the basics of teamwork, as both a leader and team member. You will also improve your oral and written communication skills as well as learn important techniques required in project management and develop research skills that will facilitate lifelong learning.
BAM enables people with a two-year college or technical institute education or two years of undergraduate university training to leverage those credits to complete a four-year degree. As with CityU Canada’s graduate degrees in Counselling and Education, ethics and environmental sustainability are embedded in the BAM curriculum. Instructors are practitioners in their fields.
Your prior skills and training have helped you excel in your work so far; however, your transition into a supervisory or management role requires a new set of skills and abilities The BAM program is a unique and progressive offering, which will give you the skills you need to empower the people you lead.
What is BAM?
- A degree completion program designed for individuals with 60 semester (90 quarter) lower division credits from post-secondary education in any field
- You can receive up to 30 semesters (45 quarter) credits of lower division credit based upon your prior work experience
- You can start the degree four times a year – January, April, July and October
- If you have a bachelor’s degree in the arts, humanities or sciences, you can earn your bachelor’s in management as a second degree by completing the 90 credits of upper division (3rd or 4th year) coursework
- Substantial financial aid packages are available for the 2021-2022 academic year for domestic students
- We offer an emphasis (minor) in sustainability and ethics for those who wish to ground their leadership style in these important principles
COVID-19 INFORMATION FOR BAM STUDENTS
When students test positive for Covid, they need to let the instructor know right away. Only the students who test positive will join classes online. The class will remain on campus for everyone else.
When instructors are tested positive, they will hold the class online. Students can take classes from campus in the same room via Zoom, or they can take the class from home, via Zoom.