You did the research. You made your decision. Now the time has come to apply and we’re here to help.Here is an overview of the materials you’ll need in the application process for all programs:
- Prerequisites: Check to see if you’ve completed the prerequisites for your program of interest.
- Application: Complete your online CityU application and pay the non-refundable application fee of $50. As part of your application, you’ll need to submit your most current resume/curriculum vitae.
- Transcripts: Submit official transcripts in sealed envelopes documenting your prior education from each of the recognized institutions you’ve attended.
- English Proficiency: If your prior education was earned outside of CityU’s recognized English-speaking countries (Canada, USA, UK, NZ, Australia, Ireland), please submit official transcript proof of English proficiency (i.e. IELTS, TOEFL, CAEL, etc.)
- References: Submit three professional references (graduate programs only)
- Background Information: Complete the appropriate Background Information Questionnaire (graduate programs only)
- Essay: Submit an admissions essay (graduate programs only)
- Identification: Submit a photocopy of a piece of photo ID showing current name. If applicable, submit any name change documentation (marriage certificate, legal change of name).
Prospective international students must also provide additional information such as proof of funds, medical insurance and emergency contact information. Please click here for additional information for international students.
For inquiries, please email
For British Columbia: BCinquiries@cityu.edu
For Alberta: ABinquiries@cityu.edu
For specifics on the application process for your program of interest, please select the links below.