Apply to the MEd in School Counselling program:
- Complete the CityU official online Application Form. As part of this application, you will need to upload the most recent copy of your resume and pay a non-refundable application fee of $50.
- Submit the required supplemental materials for the Master in Education in School Counselling Program. Candidates for the MEd in School Counselling program must have completed undergraduate coursework in interviewing and counselling skills.* Please use the pre-requisites form to detail the course that you believe meets this qualification.
- Submit your official transcripts documenting a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution.
- You must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 to qualify for the Master of Education in School Counselling program
- Please have your official transcripts sent directly in envelope(s) sealed by your prior university attended/attending with certified translations where necessary. Please send your official transcripts to:
City University in Canada
Attention: MEd Admissions
789 W. Pender Street, 3rd Floor
Vancouver, BC V6C 1H2
- Prepare for your interview. Candidates who meet the requirements for the MEd in School Counselling program will be contacted to arrange for an interview with the Program Director or other senior faculty member once their application package is complete. While no formal preparation is required, be sure to think through your goals and objectives for returning to graduate school.
*City University will offer an online Interviewing and Counselling skills course (PSY421) in the Winter and Summer quarters to accept applicants who do not meet the prerequisite requirement.