Cameray Child and Family Services is a community-based agency committed to the strengthening of individuals and families through a spectrum of services including counselling, education, outreach and advocacy. Cameray Child and Family Services has provided specialized counselling services to children, youth, and families in Burnaby and New Westminster since 1972. All of our services are offered free of charge.
We are seeking a dynamic and passionate counsellor to join our team at 35 hours a week to start as soon as possible. This position is covered under a collective agreement, with a salary range of $37.66 to $46.15/hr.
Key Responsibility Area – Counselling With Children, Parents and Families
- To provide long and short term counselling to children and their families
- To function as part of a clinical team
- To work with children using play/art therapy
- To provide teletherapy (video and/or phone) and in-person services during COVID-19 pandemic
- To provide information and education regarding child development, including sexual and emotional development
- To facilitate counselling groups
Key Responsibility Area – Referral, Information and Consultation
- To provide occasional crisis intervention to clients
- To liaise with other agencies/professionals regarding clients for purposes of consultation or referral
We have an incredible office space with art/play materials, and you can build your counselling rooms to best help your clients.