CityU offers two types of scholarships for Canadian students enrolled in any program. Merit-based scholarships are awarded only to students attending programs in the U.S. and Canada and are available to U.S. domestic, Canadian and International Student Office (ISO) students. Merit-Based Scholarships are not awarded to U.S. domestic and International candidates in Summer and Spring Quarter in the 2019-2020 Academic Year. View the Scholarship Opportunities pamphlet
Scholarships are reviewed for each of the four quarters of an Academic Year from July 1st through June 30th and awards are applied to tuition only. Complete applications must be received by the Financial Aid Office by the following deadlines:
- Summer Quarter Attendance (July-September): June 1
- Fall Quarter Attendance (October-December): September 1
- Winter Quarter Attendance (January-March): December 1
- Spring Quarter Attendance (April-June): March 1
Incomplete or late application cannot be considered. Applicants will be notified of awards via CityU email by:
- Summer Quarter Application: July 1
- Fall Quarter Application: October 1
- Winter Quarter Application: January 1
- Spring Quarter Application: April 1
*Applications will be updated for the next Academic Year in May. Applications for the old Academic Year will not be accepted in the new Academic Year.*
Scholarship recipients’ awards apply only to the specific quarter of the submission award and are directly posted on students’ accounts, thus reducing tuition by the amount awarded. However, students must be enrolled to receive the award.
Need-Based Scholarships – Scholarships are awarded primarily on the basis of financial need with some consideration to the written essay. Students applying for need-based scholarships must complete all the components of the application requirements to be considered. Scholarship recipient’s awards apply only to the specific quarter of the submission and are directly posted to the student’s accounts, thus reducing tuition by the amount awarded. However, students must be enrolled to receive the award. The criteria and application for Need-Based Scholarships are listed below:
- CityU Scholarship Application Form
- 2018 Tax Assessment
- A word-processed personal statement (handwritten essays will not be accepted) of no more than 2 pages addressing the following three questions:
- How have you been financing your college education?
- From a financial standpoint, what impact would this scholarship have on your education?
- State any special personal or family circumstances affecting your need for financial assistance.
- Financial Statement
- Professional resume (optional)
Merit-Based Scholarships – Scholarships in this category are awarded primarily on the basis of students’ cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) up to their last completed quarter with City University of Seattle (CityU), with some consideration to the written essay and academic potential. Applicants must include all the components of the application requirements to be considered. The criteria and application for Merit-Based Scholarships are listed below:
- CityU Scholarship Application Form
- Earned at least 40 undergraduate credits at CityU with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or at least 12 graduate credits at CityU with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.75
- A word-processed personal statement (handwritten essays will not be accepted) of no more than (2) pages addressing the following three questions:
- Describe your most meaningful achievement and how it relates to your program and your future goals.
- How has your education contributed to who you are today?
- Why are you a good candidate to receive this award
- Professional resume
- Unofficial copy of your current CityU transcript (available from the Student Portal)
Program Specific Scholarships:
BAM Scholarships – For our undergraduate BAM program, we have several scholarships in place for the 2018-2019 academic year. They are awarded on the basis of the individual’s meeting the criteria of specific partnership agreements or special circumstances. Scholarship applications are kept confidential. Contents will be shared only with appropriate CityU personnel. All award amounts are applied to tuition only. The criteria and application form for BAM Scholarships can be found here.