Are you interested in advancing your skills in Coaching?
Do you hold a Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field?
Are you interested in taking your skills to a higher level?
If so, City University in Canada is pleased to be offering a continuing education course in coaching over two Saturdays in May, 2019. This course is focused on teachers, therapists, and any others who are working in the school system.
Coaching has been found to be a powerful tool used to assist individuals in developing their skills to reach their peak potential and enhancing their feelings of confidence, competence and success. This continuing education course and opportunity addresses the knowledge and skills of using executive/leadership coaching as a tool for educational leaders within schools and school systems. During this course participants will learn to apply and utilize effective coaching techniques to identify goals and the reason for those goals, work through obstacles, recognize strengths and opportunities to achieve the goal, take the necessary steps and celebrate success. Topics will include the foundations for coaching, comparison of the different types and modalities of coaching, peak performance coaching and appreciative inquiry.
At the completion of this course, participants will have had the opportunity to:
- Gain an appreciation of how cognitive coaching, instructional coaching and solution based positive psychology skills can be blended together to achieve successful outcomes
- Understand coaching and how it can positively impact those who are being coached
- Become skilled at using a coaching model that has been used effectively with educational administrators, teachers, consultants and students within regular and special education classrooms
- Gain knowledge of the eleven core competencies of being an effective coach
- Have opportunities for guided practice and feedback in the use of coaching skills, and Receive additional opportunities for collaboration, communication and professional growth from each other in a rich learning environment
Saturday May 4, 2019 and Saturday May 11, 2019 from 9:00AM – 4:00PM
Register on our Eventbrite page!
About the instructors:
Dr. Dwaine Souveny is a certified professional coach and registered psychologist who has extensive experience working in not-for-profit agencies and school systems and supporting educational personnel, families and students. As a former executive director of a very successful education/early intervention agency, he is keenly aware of the incredibly positive impact coaching can have at the administrative and executive level for the well-being and growth of an organization. Dwaine has presented and provided training at regional, provincial and international conferences. His training has been described as dynamic and passionate as well as informative and practical. His training has led to the successful use of this coaching model in a number of school divisions throughout Alberta.
Dr. Heather Henderson is a certified executive coach and educational leader. As a past CASS member and the current Director of the MEd in Leadership for City University in Canada, Heather is aware of the importance of focused and open conversation including the need to use a coach-approach when working with individuals – senior staff, teachers, students, and community members. Heather values relationships and how they can be built and maintained with using a coaching approach, while encouraging others to use their voices.