Centering Ethics in Group Supervision: Creating a Culture and Structuring Safety: A Supervision of Solidarity
For those who are providing supervision to counsellors or community service workers or for those with limited experience in the counselling supervision field and seeking an increased understanding of group supervision practices.
This experiential certificate course is offered through CityU Canada’s continuing education programs and will help participants:
- consider how to promote dignifying and generative supervision groups for therapy and community work
- deconstruct “case consultation” norms that don’t serve clients or practitioners, and consider what a “Culture of Critique” that is generative, expansive, connected and dignified might offer.
- consider practices of structuring safety and creating relationships of respect and dignity which can promote a culture of accountability that generates useful and rich critique.
- share some exercises for creating intentional supervisory relationships.
- create cultures of accountability that invite critique that are a resistance against surveillance practices of supervision
- practice examples of “Living Supervision”, and creating “Solidarity Teams” to assist practitioners to work in alignment with our collective ethics
View our flyer for more information!
If you are wanting to attend, please register through Eventbrite.
CityU reserves the right to cancel or reschedule an event due to low enrollment, presenter illness, or other circumstances. If the event is cancelled, official notification will occur as soon as possible and participants will receive a full refund of their registration fee. If the event is rescheduled, participants will have the option of attending the rescheduled event or receiving a full refund.
If we cancel or reschedule a workshop or other event, CityU will not refund your travel, lodging, or meal expenses. We suggest you make refundable travel arrangements.