I have been an educator for over 48 years and am currently a City University instructor and an educational / business consultant. Three years ago I retired, for a second time, as the principal of a Preschool to Grade 10 independent school in Cranbrook, B.C.. During my career in the public-school system I was a Teacher, Vice Principal, Secondary Principal, Director of Curriculum, Associate Superintendent and in 2008 retired as Superintendent of Schools. I am an Independent School Inspector for the Ministry of education and have chaired and served on several public and independent school inspection teams in BC, China and Seoul Korea.
In my public life I have served on several community committees, Boards and forums including a university Advisory Board, the Abbotsford Social Development Committee, Abbotsford Restorative Justice and Advocacy Board, the B.C. Summer Games and was a director of the Special Olympics Summer Games. I also served as a member of the Abbotsford/Matsqui Rotary Club, Fusion Community Leadership Group, and Vice-Chair of an Independent school business company.
Personally, and most importantly, my wife and I have five children, nine grandchildren and one great grandchild.
- 1972 B.A. University of British Columbia (UBC)
- 1973 PDP Teaching Certificate, UBC
- 1980 Educational Administration, University of Western Washington
- 2002 Mediation Certificate, Canadian Justice Institute
- 1986 Teaching Industrial Relations In Schools Certificate, Cornell University
- 2008 to Present, School Inspector for the B.C. Ministry of Education
- 1999 to Present, Instructor, City University of Seattle
- 2014 – 2017 – Principal of K to Grade 10 Independent School
- 2004 – 2008, Superintendent of Schools, SD 34 (Abbotsford)
- 2004 Associate Superintendent
- 1996 – 2004, Principal, W.J. Mouat Secondary School
- 1994 – 1996, Instructor, Simon Fraser University
- 1991 – 1996, Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- 1986 – 1991, Vice Principal
- 1983 – 1988, Secondary School Department Head
- 1973 -1988, Secondary School Teacher
-Co-authored several documents for the B.C. Ministry of Education on student assessment and evaluation.