As a semi-retired educational psychologist, Dwaine enjoys a delightful balance of providing services to children, family and educators while participating in leisure time with family and friends. Dwaine has been an instructor at Red Deer College, written and contributed to a number of resources for Alberta Education and has facilitated professional development learning opportunities for educators provincially, nationally and internationally.
Family Systems and Conflict Management (ECC 516)
- 1995-present: Chartered Psychologist, Dynamic Networks Psychology Services
- 2002-2010: Psychologist/Special Education Consultant, Wolf Creek Public Schools
- 2001-2002: Executive Director, Central Alberta Friends of Children With Special Needs
- 2002-2003: Clinical Supervisor/Psychologist (Part-Time), FASD Outreach
- Master of Science (Psychology), University of Calgary, 1981
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology), University of Calgary, 1978
- Chartered Psychologist, College of Alberta Psychologists, 1981
- Certified Professional Coach, 2010
- 1998: Contributor of the Year for Special Education – Special Education Council, Alberta Teachers Association
- 2001: Outstanding Administrator – Friends of Children With Special Needs
- 2010: New Rotarian of the Year
- 2008 & 2014: Central Alberta Ski Patrol President’s Award
- Working With Students With Disabilities: A manual for a CTS High School Course (Alberta Education, 2012)
- Understanding and Utilizing Specialized Assessments. An IEPT training course developed for educators (Alberta Education, in press)
- Developing, Implementing and Reviewing Behaviour Support Plans. An IEPT training course developed for educators (Alberta Education, in press)
- Principal writer for Supporting Positive Behaviour in Schools: An Intensive Individualized Approach (Alberta Education, 2007).
- Contributing writer for Supporting Positive Behaviour in Schools: A School-Wide Approach and Supporting Positive Behaviour in Schools: A Classroom Approach (Alberta Education, 2007)
- Co-Author of a manual ABCs for Success for Attention Deficit Disorder, from a Biblical Perspective (2002). Souveny, Dwaine M., Smith, Sheila & Souveny, Dianna, L.; Dynamic Networks Publication.
- Editorial Consultant for Alberta Learning, FASD (2002) brochure series.
- Co-Author of a manual ABCs for Success for Attention Deficit Disorder (1994, revised 1998). Souveny, Dwaine M., Souveny, Dianna, L.; Dynamic Networks Publication.
- Co-Author of a training manual Promoting Positive Behaviour In Children (1993). Crawford, S., Mitchell, S., Smith, K., Souveny, D. M.; which had been adopted as a module as part of the training program for Alberta Child and Family Services: Host Families.
- Contributor to Alberta Department of Education, Special Education Branch’s
- Programming for Students With Special Needs: Essential and Supportive Skills (1995);
- Teaching Students With Learning Disabilities (1997);
- Teaching Students With Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (2004);
- Contributor to The More We Get Together: An Interactive Approach to Play Learning and Development (Smith, K. & Smith L. Children’s Services Centre, 1996);
- Children’s Services Centre: Assessment and Program Planning of Young Children – An Evaluation. Kysela, G.M., Souveny, D. Smith, L., Read, M.
- Paper presented at Canadian Evaluation Society Conference, April 1988.