Jim is presently the Executive Director of Adlerian Psychology Association of B.C. Jim teaches at City University of Seattle, Vancouver Campus (for past 13 years) and previously at U.B.C. in the Facility of Education, Counselling Psychology (for 8 years). Jim was the Assistant Director of Professional Development at the B.C. Teachers Federation a position he held for 5 years.
Jim’s broad experience in public education ranges from: school principal, district administrator, a district elementary counsellor, an elementary and secondary school teacher.
Jim has conducted Parenting Workshops and trained Parenting Facilitators for over 30 years.
Jim has a lifetime interest in spirituality and is a teacher of Transcendental Meditation for the past 47 years.
- Preparation for Professional Growth (ECC 509)
- Ethics and Law for School-based Practice (ECC 513)
- Leadership and Counselling Diverse Cultures in Education (ECC 515)
- Family Systems and Conflict Management (ECC 516)
- Child and Adolescent Growth and Development (EGC 533)
- Research Project in School Counselling (EGC 640)
- 2007-present: Executive Director, Adler Centre
- 2000-2007: District Principal of Alternate Education, Chilliwack School District
- 1996-2000: Vice-Principal, Chance Alternate School
- 1995-1996: District Counsellor for Elementary Schools, Chilliwack School District
- Master of Education, University of Western Washington, 1981
- Adlerian Counselling Certificate, Chicago School of Professional Psychology, 1980
- Bachelor of Education, University of British Columbia, 1973