I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor with a part-time private counselling practice in New Westminster. I have been teaching with CityU since 2005 – initially as a full-time member of the MEd program team, and since 2013, as an Associate Professor mostly working with the Master of Counselling program. I also am employed full-time at BCIT. From 1985-2005 I lived in London, UK and my post-secondary employment included being a faculty member and program head at the University of East London.
- Experiences of transformative learning.
- Designing for, and facilitating, personal growth.
- Teaching and learning pedagogy.
I believe that education is a relational endeavour and that as humans, we learn best together when we can connect what we know, with new learning, in meaningful and applied contexts. I aim to facilitate collaborative, active, and engaged learning experiences that enable students to apply their academic learning in ways that promote their own personal and professional transformative learning journeys. Through facilitating a learning environment that models a community of practice, I join students in their learning as a collaborator and guide.
- Doctorate in Education, Simon Fraser University, 2017
- Master of Arts (Counselling Psychology), 2009
- Master of Arts (Education), University of London, 2003
- Bachelor of Science, University of East London, 2000