Associate Program Director , City University of Seattle, Vancouver, BC Canada
- M.Phil. (President’s and Director’s Medal Awardee)
- M.Sc. (Physics)
Training and Certifications:
- Policy and Procedure Development (ISO-International Organization for Standardization)
- Quality Assurance Internal Auditor (ISO-International Organization for Standardization)
- Bringing Mental Health to Schools (UBC)
- Teach Mental Health (UBC)
- Instructional Skills Workshop (SFU)
- Action Research (NCERT)
- Computing (IGNOU)
- Agile Management
- Happiness Coach
- Professor and Senior Associate Faculty
Teaching graduate and undergraduate students:
- Critical Thinking
- Mathematical Reasoning and Its Applications
- Ethics and Leadership
- Critical Approaches to Diversity
SIMON FRASER UNIVERSITY
- Visiting Faculty
- Digital Storytelling courses for older adults
DAYALBAGH EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Assistant Professor
- Courses taught to M.Ed. students:
- Guidance and counseling
- Curriculum studies
- Educational entrepreneurship (Convener)
- Secondary education in India (Convener)
- Courses taught to B.Ed. students:
- Artificial Intelligence
*(Successfully taught a cohort of 120 students online.)*
*(Received feedback point: 2.81/3)*
- ICT for teaching, learning, and management (Convener)
- Assessment for learning (Course Convener)
- Educational and information technology
- Epistemological and sociological foundations of education (Convener)
*(Successfully taught a cohort of 125 students online.)*
*(Received feedback point: 2.79 / 3))*
- Methodology of science teaching
- Measurement of scholastic achievement (Convener)
- Education and national development
- Rural and community development (Convener)
- Interdisciplinary teaching: Taught Physics to the university’s Technical College students pursuing diploma in different streams of engineering (Automobile, Electrical, Electronics)
- Used blended, asynchronous and synchronous teaching methods for reaching students in remote and tribal areas.
- Culham, T., Major, R., Shivhare, N. (2020). Exploring the Efficacy of Contemplative Practices in Business Virtue Ethics Course. [Conference Paper Presentation #16869]. Academy of Management Annual Meeting Virtual Conference.
- Shivhare, N., Fadel, L., Kaufman, D. (2020). Sharing Stories as Legacy: What Matters to Older Adults?. International Journal of Aging Research, 2020; 3:69. DOI: 10.28933/ijoar-2020-08-2806
- Shivhare, N., Fadel, L. M., Kaufman, D. (2019). Creating Legacy Digital Stories: Do Males and Females Differ?. OAJ Gerontology & Geriatric Med. 2019; 5(2): 555657. DOI: 10.19080/OAJGGM.2019.05.555657
- Shivhare, N., Satsangee, S. P., Khan, A. S. (2019). Effectiveness of Techno-Psycho-Axiological approach with reference to academic achievement of secondary school students. Impact: International Journal of Research in Humanities, Art and Literature. ISSN (P): 2347-4564;ISSN (E): 2321-8878, Vol. 7, Issue 2, Feb 2019, 405-414.
- Shivhare, N. (2019). Artificial Intelligence in schools-Here is what we need to consider. The Conversations: Academic rigor, journalistic flair. An online news portal. (https://theconversation.com)
- Shivhare, N. & Kaufman, D. (August 20, 2018). Play games with your kids this summer to boost their brains. The Conversations: Academic rigor, journalistic flair. An online news portal. (https://theconversation.com/play-games-with-your-kids-this-summer-to-boost-their-brains-94568)
- Shivhare, N. & Culham, T. (June 1, 2018). The many benefits of meditation in classroom. The Epoch Times.(https://www.theepochtimes.com/the-many-benefits-of-meditation-in-the-classroom_2516251.html)
- Culham, T., & Shivhare, N. (May 3, 2018). The many benefits of meditation in classroom. The Conversations: Academic rigor, journalistic flair. An online news portal. (https://theconversation.com/the-many-benefits-of-meditation-in-the-classroom-94566)https://www.theepochtimes.com/the-many-benefits-of-meditation-in-the-classroom_2516251.html
- Tiwari, L., Shivhare, N., & Sahgal, S. (2018). Exploring the effect of musical compositions on Value awareness among adolescent students. International Journal of Advanced Research and Review. Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. Vol. 3, No. 5, 25-32. ISSN No.: 2455-7277
- Shivhare, N. (2011). Developing Systems Citizens: Need for a Paradigm Shift in Environmental and Sustainability Education. International Journal of Educational Administration, Vol. 3, No. 2, ISSN 09765883. New Delhi: Research India Publications, 123-129.
CHAPTERS IN BOOKS
- Culham, T., & Shivhare, N. (2019). Action Research on the Application of Meditation in Business Ethics Education, in Eds. Lin, J., Culham, T., Edwards, S. Contemplative Pedagogies for Effective and Profound Transformation in Teaching, Learning and Being. Charlotte: Information Age Publishing.
- Satsangee, N., Paul, S., Satsangee, S., Shivhare, N. (2013). Enhancing Spiritual Consciousness: An Educational Model for the Undergraduate Level. In Spiritual Consciousness (494-503). New Delhi: New Age Books. ISBN NO. 978-81-7822-443-5
- Satsangee, N., & Shivhare, N. (2012). Wonders of Sesame: Nutraceutical Uses and Health Benefits. In Chemistry of Phytopotentials: Health, Energy and Environmental Perspectives (63-69). New York: Springer Heidelberg Dordrecht. ISBN 978-3-642-23393-7 e-ISBN 978-3-642-23394-4, DOI 10.1007/978-3-642-23394-4_13
- Satsangee, N., & Shivhare, N. (2012). Wonders of sesame: Nutraceutical uses and health benefits. In Chemistry of Phytopotentials: Health, Energy and Environmental Perspectives. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg (International ), 67-72, DOI:10.1007/978–3–642–23394–4_14.
- Shivhare, N. (2012). Systems approach based learning-teaching strategies for enhancing consciousness level of learners. In Conference Presentation of IOP-2012, Investigating Our Practices, Annual Conference, UBC. Centre for the Study of Teacher Education, University of British Columbia, Canada, p. 25.
- Shivhare, N. (2012). Development of modules based on science of consciousness for teachers -trainees. In souvenir of the Annual Conference: Toward a Science of Consciousness-2012. Centre for Consciousness Studies, University of Arizona, Tucson.
- Shivhare, N. (2012). Systems approach to the development of science of consciousness. Souvenir of the conference: Looking Within: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Consciousness. National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, India, 33-34.
- Shivhare, N., & Sahgal, S. et al. (2011). Understanding consciousness from Tagore’s perspective. In Proceeding: International Seminar-Discovering Tagore’s Approach to Education through his Music, Art and Literature. Department of Musicology, Faculty of Performing Arts, Banaras Hindu University, Banaras, 251-254.
- Shivhare, N. (2011). Innovative teaching practices for meeting the challenges of the modern world. In souvenir of PETFOM-2011. Symboyzia Teacher Training College for girls, Agra.
- Shivhare, N. (2010). Developing systems citizens through cognitive load theory based system modeling in learning-teaching strategies. In souvenir cum abstract book of PARITANTRA-2010. DEI-Dayalbagh Chapter of Systems Society of India, 21-22.
- Shivhare, N. (2010). Enhancing spiritual consciousness – An educational model for the undergraduate level. In proceedings of International Seminar on Religion of Saints – Radhasoami Faith: Spiritual Consciousness Studies (SPIRCON-2010). Dayalbagh Educational Institute (Deemed University) Dayalbagh, Agra, 131-132.
- Shivhare, N. (2010). Multisensory integration based learning: A systems perspective. In souvenir cum abstract book of PARITANTRA-2010. DEI-Dayalbagh Chapter of Systems Society of India, 25.
- Shivhare, N., & Satsangee, N. (2009). Teleportation and its utility for education System. In Proceedings of the Joint International Conference on Applied Systems Research & XXXIII National Systems Conference. New Delhi: The McGraw Hill, 548-552.
- Shivhare, N., Saxena, V., & Satsangee, N. (2009). Building teaching-learning repositories through V-blogging. In proceedings of national seminar on Open Access to Textual and Multimedia Content: Bridging the Digital Divide. Consortium for Educational Communication (CEC), New Delhi & Information and Library Network Centre (INFLIBNET), Ahmedabad, 263.
- Shivhare, N. (2009). Aparavidya to paravidya: A systems approach to science teaching for upliftment of mankind. In souvenir cum abstract book of PARITANTRA-2009. DEI-Dayalbagh Chapter of Systems Society of India, 24.
- Shivhare, N. (2008). Developing science of consciousness for a better future through an investigative and integrated approach. In souvenir cum abstract book of PARITANTRA-2008. DEI-Dayalbagh Chapter of Systems Society of India, 67.
- Shivhare, N. (2008). Effect of science of consciousness on emotional intelligence of teacher – trainees. In souvenir cum abstract book of International Seminar on Health Psychology (ISHP-2008). Organized by Dayalbagh Educational Institute (Deemed University) Dayalbagh, Agra, 49.
- Shivhare, N. (2008). Relevance of science of consciousness today. In proceedings of Spiritual Awakening: A Systems Approach to Address the Civilizational Crisis. Dayalbagh Educational Institute (Deemed University) Dayalbagh, Agra, 75.