Rob Comeau has been an educator for 27 years, working in the Abbotsford School District. Rob spent 15 year as years an administrator at W.J. Mouat Secondary in Abbotsford B.C., and he is now principal of Abbotsford Senior Secondary, one of the newest secondary schools in British Columbia.
Rob holds a Master of Arts in Educational Leadership (1995) from San Diego State University. He is active at the school district level and in his community as a leader supporting inclusive education, character initiatives, technology advancements in education and immigrant support. His previous school was named one of the Top 10 Schools in Canada by MacLeans Magazine.
As part of his duties in the school district he led the creation of the district’s first Virtual school and worked with the school district business company to help establish offshore schools in China and Korea.
In 2011 Rob was selected as one of 32 principals across Canada by the Learning Partnership to receive the National honour of “Canada’s Outstanding Principal Award”. Currently he is a member of the “National Academy of Outstanding Principals”, receiving in-service opportunities at the Rottman School of Business in Toronto each year.
In 2013 Rob was given the honor of Principal Faculty by City University in 2013, he has had an active role in teaching M.A Leadership Program in Canada with the University since 2001.
Rob was recently selected to represent educators at one of the Prime Ministers Roundtable discussions in February, 2014.
- Technologies for Learning (EEA 534)
- Dimensions of Educational Leadership (EEA 535)
- School Finance and Operations (EEA 536)
- Leadership Internship I in Student Services (EEA 641)
- Leadership Internship II (EEA 642)
- Leadership Internship III (EEA 644)
- 2004-present: Principal, W.J. Mouat High School
- 2004-present: CEO, English for Living and Working Program
- 2001-present: Instructor, City University
- 1999-2004: Vice-Principal, W.J. Mouat High School
- 1987-1999: Junior Science and Senior Biology Teacher, W.J. Mouat High school
- Master of Arts (Administration & Leadership), San Diego State University, 1995
- Alberta Teaching Certification, University of Alberta, 1987
- Bachelor of Science, University of Alberta, 1986