Shona was born and grew up in Scotland. She moved to Vancouver in 1990 and has been living in the Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows area with her husband and four children for the past 22 years. She completed her B.Ed at Moray House College of Education in Edinburgh and Stirling University, after which she worked in Scotland and England as a teacher and a child/youth worker.
Since moving to Canada Shona has been employed as a teacher in an Interministerial treatment program, as a child care worker with the Children’s Foundation, as a child and family therapist, and is currently a district elementary school counsellor with SD42. She completed her M.Ed. in Counselling Psychology at the University of British Columbia in 2001. Shona has always believed that given the chance, people young and old, can connect or reconnect with their innate “goodness and wisdom”, realizing they can be different, life can be different, they have choices. Shona looks forward to working with and learning from graduate students and feels very fortunate to be part of the CityU faculty.
- Field Experience (ECC 601)
- Practicum (ECC 602)
- Internship I (EGC 605)
- 2014-2017: School Counsellor, Maple Ridge School District & Coquitlam School District
- 2012-2014: Investment Advisor/Stockbroker, Woodstone Capital, Inc.
- 2000-2001: Child and Family Therapist, Act II Child and Family Services
- 1991-1994: Class Teacher, The Children’s Foundation
- Master of Education (Counselling Psychology), 2001
- Bachelor of Education (1 year condensed course), Stirling University
- Canadian Securities Course, 2012
- Conduct and Practices Course, 2012