The Family Preservation program provides intensive counselling to MCFD mandated clients with child
protection concerns with the goal of reducing risk to children and where men’s use of violence has been
Caring Dads is a group for dads which aims to engage men, build positive parenting skills, help men
recognize and counter abuse, and rebuild trust with their children.
Rebuilding Relationships is a group for men who are trying to eliminate abusive and violent behaviours in
You will be responsible for co-facilitating the Agency’s groups for men who have used violence in their family
and who have made a commitment to their partners and/or to MCFD to address their behaviours. Groups
are held in English and in Farsi and run in the early evenings for 12-14 week cycles.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have significant experience working with men who have used violence in their relationships.
• Have experience working with the criminal justice system and MCFD.
• Have significant understanding and awareness of gender-based violence.
• Have a strong understanding of trauma informed practice.
The successful candidate will have:
• a Masters degree in counselling psychology, social work or equivalent and current RCC, RSW, AAMFT
or CCC registration as well as a minimum of 5 years of experience.
• Language proficiency in Farsi, Korean, Mandarin or Cantonese would be considered an asset as would
experience working with First Nations People.
• Specialized training on gender based violence responses, and previous work experience with men
who have used violence would be considered an asset.
How to apply:
Email Kathleen Whyte at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.
For more information, view their job posting.