Skip navigation menu
Return to start of navigation menu

Medical Insurance AB

All international students are required to present proof that they have medical insurance in effect at the time of enrollment. If you have insurance, please submit this form.

International students must present proof of active medical insurance before registering for classes. International students are eligible for provincially subsidized public health insurance in Canada.

About Healthcare Coverage in Alberta

International students from outside Canada may be eligible for the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP) coverage.   Learn more.

Do all international students need health insurance? 

Yes, all students require health coverage. Alberta Health Care is available to international students who have a valid study permit and who are in Alberta for at least one year.  

Learn more  

Global Campus Health Plan for International Students

International students can alternatively select to be covered by reputable insurance companies such as the  Global Campus Health Plan for International Students prior to qualifying for the provincial coverage (first three months). Their Health Plan offered through David Cummings Insurance Services (DCIS) at a low cost is designed to cover students either during the waiting period for provincial or territorial coverage in Canada or for the entire duration of their study term.

Please read their Enrollment page to learn more about their policies.

Additional Information:

Request Info