Title: Men’s and Family Counsellor – Senior Clinician
Work Site: Main office 9046 Young St. Chilliwack
The Men’s and Couple’s Counsellor provides mid-range men’s and couples, individual and group abuse counselling to Ann Davis Society clients generally 19 years plus. This program does not deal with serious mental health conditions: DID, cults, psychoses nor will ADTS offer services of a religious nature.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform the job successfully the Men’s and Couples Counsellor must be able to consistently perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other related duties may be assigned.
• Assess and identify specific behaviours and emotional issues to be addressed
• Develop and implement therapeutic programs necessary to meet goals which includes approaches (i.e. EMDR, OEI, other mainstream modalities)
• Counsel from a feminist perspective addressing such issues as societal structures and values
• Follow Society personnel policies
• Records kept in a professional manner up to policy/CARF standards
• Maintain strict confidentiality of client information
• Acquire knowledge of community resources and referral process; become thoroughly familiar with Ann Davis programs to make referrals
• Attend and participate in staff meetings, case conferencing, and clinical supervision
• It is expected that staff will, at least once a year, voluntarily help with a Society fundraising activity
• Other related duties as may be required from time to time
• Facilitates open communication within the case management team
• Contributes to regular reporting procedures, including ongoing case notes, incident reports, monthly progress summaries and exit reports.
For more information, view their job posting.