Programs for International Students

What programs are open to international students?

Due to visa regulations, CityU in Canada only accepts international students into our full-time academic degree programs at our Vancouver, BC location. At this time, these include:

International students must maintain continuous full-time enrollment in order to preserve their study permit visa.

CityU offers an education that is accessible to the working adult and transfer student. Its curriculum is taught by practicing professionals and is results-oriented, hands-on, and informed by what industry demands now.
The learning model is focused on helping professionals earn a degree that will later earn them a better job, salary, title or life after they graduate.

The Bachelor of Arts in Management program offers a broad management background focusing on the organizational and human dimension of the field. This program will teach you the basic knowledge and skills you need to succeed as a manager in your field. You will develop a comprehensive understanding of how organizations work, how to build successful teams, how to be a strong leader, and how to communicate in the business world. The program is designed as a degree completion for students who have already completed their first two years of college. With sufficient transferable credits, students can graduate with a BA in Management in as little as eighteen months.

The Master of Counselling program trains well-rounded mental health counselors for the realities of day-to-day practice. Practitioner faculty emphasizes real-world application of theory, development of case conceptualization skills, ethical awareness, appreciation of diversity, self-awareness, and will prepare students to work as counselors. Supported clinical experiences focusing on the delivery of clinical services assist students in developing a coherent theoretical and ethical framework for practice.

Please contact our Canadian International Student Office to learn more about CityU or to explore our programs or the admissions information.

CityU International Student Office in the US

City University offers a series of programs for international students at the Seattle, Washington, USA site. Please contact the International Admission Office in Seattle for additional information about your options: or 888.422.4898

Maintaining your Immigration Status

Please refer to this letter from the Immigration Office in Canada.

Here you find some useful information to maintain your Immigration Status:

  • Passport validity:  Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months of validity at all times. Contact your Embassy to renew or extend your passport in a timely manner.
  • Update your address changes through the Immigration Canada portal and CityU Student Portal (or your advisor).
  • Health Insurance if mandatory for all international students.
  • Register for full course of study each quarter.
  • Employment is highly regulated, please review the CIC website and obtain authorization before accepting any employment.
  • Make sure to review travel information and obtain the obligatory documents before traveling outside of Canada.
  • Request a Study permit extension at least two months before the expiry date listed on your visa if you need more time to finish your degree.