Under the Federal Quarantine Act, all individuals travelling to Canada are required to prepare and submit a self-isolation plan to the Federal and Provincial governments.
Please note that there are serious penalties for not following the regulations, these include a fine of up to $750,000 and/or imprisonment for six months.
If you are travelling to Canada, you are required to take the following steps to ensure compliance:
1. Submit your self-isolation plan to the BC government
You can either:
- Complete and submit your self isolation plan online before or when you arrive in British Columbia.
- Complete and submit your self isolation plan using a paper form when you arrive in British Columbia.
It is highly recommended you complete and submit the form online before you begin your travel to British Columbia.
2. Submit required information to the federal government
You can complete the application form prior to, or upon arrival in Canada. The ArriveCAN application is available through the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. Students without a smartphone may use the web form.
3. Register with City University in Canada
All international students studying at the university are required to confirm whether they will need to self isolate, or whether they are exempt as a result of:
- Meeting one of the exemption criteria established by the government
- Already residing in Canada
- Studying outside of Canada while quarantine protocols are in effect
This confirmation can be done by sending an email to our Vancouver Office. If you are required to self-isolate, you will need to provide information regarding your self-isolation plans to City University in Canada, as well as confirm compliance with your plans through a series of online daily check-ins. Please fill the CityU International Student Quarantine Commitment Plan form.
Data collection, management and disclosure
Your personal information as well as those of your household is collected by City University in Canada under the authority of sections 26(a), (c), (e) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the Public Health Act and the Canada Quarantine Act, for the purposes of compliance with those acts by the university and to reduce the spread of COVID-19. City University in Canada may disclose your personal information as required by law and to personnel who will provide you with support services and who will follow-up with you during your self-isolation.