Skip navigation menu
Return to start of navigation menu

Study in Canada

The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada is the branch of the Government of Canada in charge of facilitating the arrival of immigrants, providing protection to refugees, and offering programming to help newcomers settle in Canada. 

The Agency provides the following information for international students:

  • How to apply to study in Canada as an international student
  • Extend an international student’ s Study Permit 
  • Working while you study or after you graduate
Getting a Study Permit

Click on individual links to learn more:

Working in Canada as an International Student

International students can work temporarily while studying depending on their registration status. Please check your eligibility to work during/after your studies: 

Student Visa
Life in Canada
Career and work

How International Students Can Market Their Skills to Employers

Social Insurance Number (SIN)

Taxes for International Students Studying in Canada 

Canada Revenue Agency

If you are an international student studying in Canada, you may have to file a Canadian income tax return. You must determine your residency status to know how you will be taxed in Canada.

Apply Request Info