Announcing an exciting opportunity for coaches and leaders in our community! The Leader as Coach: Building leadership and organizational capacity through coaching
In our rapidly changing organizational landscape, leadership requires sophisticated self-awareness, comfort with complexity and ambiguity, and understanding that leadership is a broadly-based capacity because no one person has all the skills and intelligences needed
to be all things to all people.
Coaching as an essential practice in the way leadership is applied in this new landscape focuses on developing and empowering others to share leadership responsibilities according to their roles and capacities. Continuous learning and adaptation are fundamental
values in this evolving terrain.
The leader is a coach, orchestrating the best performance from each individual and the team as a whole, leading from the inside out and modeling values in action. The program will introduce the Leader Coach process and provide opportunities for practice and feedback. Our experiential teaching style integrates theory, practice and reflection for action throughout the day. Resources are provided for going further in applying learning in the workplace.
Who should attend?
- CEOs, Executive Directors and Senior Managers
- Managers, Project Managers, Team Leaders and Supervisors
- Human Resources Professionals
- Boards of Directors Leadership
- Understand and embrace complexity/change as the new normal. Examine key elements in creating a process for resolving conflict
- Reconnect with the values and ideals that originally drew you into leadership. Build and understanding of the guiding principles for building processes capable of engaging the constructive energy of conflict
- Learn simple coaching communications process that can be applied immediately in multiple scenarios from hallway conversations, to meetings, to major organizational change efforts.
- Focus your personal leadership development plan based on a current self-assessment of leader coach competencies.
Your facilitators are leaders and associates of the coaching project
CAROL MACKINNON M.A. , P.C.C.
Carol has a particular expertise in the creation and implementation of leadership competency models and development strategies to support change initiatives.
People seek out Carol’s inspiring facilitation style to deliver coaching training and culture change programs, particularly in the contexts of mergers and large scale organizational change
STACIE PRESCOTT M.A., R.C.C., C.P.C.
Stacie currently balances a successful coaching practice alongside a 30 year career in non-profit social service where she is currently a senior director responsible for operations at a large agency in Surrey. She is frequently sought out by both public and private sector organizations for her Leader Coach approach to managing complex organizational change, developing leaders, and untangling complex personnel issues.
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
9am – 4pm
City University of Seattle in Canada
789 W. Pender St., 3rd floor
For information about the Coaching Project contact Stacie: Stacie@thecoachingproject.com
REGISTRATION: To register please contact: email@example.com / 604.689.2489
For questions about CityU Continuing Education programs contact Gerry Zipursky: firstname.lastname@example.org / 778.558.5018
Download the workshop brochure PDF here