Mohsen Saeedi holds a Ph.D. in environmental and another Ph.D. in civil engineering. He has been a professor at Iran University of Science and Technology for more than 14 years and a sessional lecturer at the University of British Columbia in 2020. Dr. Saeedi joined CityU in Fall 2021 as an associate faculty.
Dr. Mohsen Saeedi is a professor of environmental engineering. He has two PhDs, one in civile engineering from the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada and the other in environmental science and engineering from University of Tehran, Iran. He obtained his MSc of environmental end BSc of chemical engineering from Iran University of Science and Technology. Dr. Saeedi has been a post-doctoral research fellow and a sessional lecturer at the University of British Columbia.
Dr. Saeedi has over 14 years of successful academic experience in higher education industry. He served as Director of the Office of Assessment and Evaluation at Iran University of Science and Technology, and deputy of education at the school of civil engineering. He taught a variety of undergraduate, graduate, and short courses in the fields of environmental science, engineering, management, and sustainability. He also has experience in Corporate Training, where he successfully developed and delivered six training courses to more than 200 staff of several clients in petrochemical, steel, power, and port/marine transportation companies in Iran.
In addition to this academic experience, Mohsen has over 25 years of industrial and consulting experience. He has worked with different companies conducting environmental management, environmental impact, and sustainability studies. He worked on projects in energy, oil and petrochemical, mining, iron and steel, and engineering/construction sectors. Dr. Saeedi has also implemented environmental management system (ISO, 14001) for refinery and steel companies in Iran. In Canada, Dr. Saeedi worked as a research engineer, and as a senior hydrologist with engineering companies based North Vancouver and Burnaby.
Residing in North Vancouver, BC, Dr. Saeedi is currently teaching at CityU and works as a senior hydrologist with Hemmera Envirochem Inc. He is also an engineer in training (EIT) towards the designation with the Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC).
Dr. Saeedi is a life time learner and an active researcher. His research interests include environmental pollution, environmental risk and assessments, sustainability and development, and treatment processes.
In addition to his PhDs’ research theses about river and coastal pollution and soil contamination/remediation, he supervised more than 70 MSc and Ph.D. research theses and published over 80 research papers in international refereed journals. He also has authored and published two books in the fields of environmental management of power plans, and environmental assessment of port projects. For more information about Dr. Saeedi’s publications visit https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=xq5TcZ0AAAAJ&hl=en
- Sustainable resource use
- Corporate social responsibility
University of British Columbia
- Geo-environmental engineering
Iran University of Science and Technology (undergraduate and graduate select courses)
- Environmental Health
- Environmental science and engineering
- Energy and the environment
- Fate and transport of pollutants in the environment
- Environmental pollution monitoring and assessment
- Environmental impact assessment of civil projects
- Hazardous waste management
- Air pollution and control
Select Short courses
- Environmental sustainability
- Sustainable management
- Sustainable development in the petrochemical industry
- Sustainable energy
- Environmental management system
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering (Geoenvironmental), Department of Civil Engineering, University of British Columbia
- Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, University of Tehran
- M.Sc., Civil (Environmental) Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology
- B.Sc., Chemical Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology
- Sustainability in Practice certificate, A course by Engineers Canada and Montreal Polytechnique.
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), held by the Department of Environment, the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), and CORDAH.
- Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001) Internal Audit, held by SGS Iran.