In addition to the general CityU application, the Master of Counselling in BC requires the following supplemental application materials to review your candidacy.
Please note: We require an official transcript (Original or certified copies of diplomas) with certified English translations in addition to the supplemental documents listed below.
- Prerequisites: Candidates for the Master of Counselling program must have completed undergraduate coursework showing the fundamental knowledge in each of the areas of Learning, Cognition, Personality and Human Development. These fundamentals may be covered in any combination/number of courses. For example, if you took one course that included the topic of Learning and Cognition and one course that included the topics of Personality and Human Development, you have probably met this requirement with these two courses. Please use the attached form to detail the courses that you believe meet these qualifications. You will also need to upload your unofficial transcript for verification.
- Admissions Essay: The writing sample is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your writing skill and to briefly describe your professional goals and personal values. Reflection on these topics also begins the process of self-exploration that will continue throughout the program. Please download the guidelines for this 4-6 page essay.
- Background Questionnaire: Due to the nature of the Master of Counselling program, we need to collect some background information. Please complete this background questionnaire.
- References: City University requires three professional references for the Master of Counselling program.
- Proof of English Proficiency: If your undergraduate degree was earned outside the recognized universities: Canada, USA, UK, NZ, Australia, Ireland, please submit proof of English proficiency.
- Current bank statement: Current bank statement (of sponsor’s, if applicable) covering living and tuition expenses for the first year.
- Sponsorship Letter: If applicable.
- Passport ID: Copy of the ID page of your passport.
- Study Permit: Copy of Study Permit and/or any other official document issued by Canadian authorities.
- Name Changes: Only if applicable.